Happy Valentine's Day! 💕
On this Valentine's Day, whether you are happily coupled, not so happily coupled, happily single, single and looking or whatever else, why not adopt Valentine’s Day for your own wellness?
More and more, like many of you, “wellness” has been on my mind. From the perspective of a management consultant working with people in organizations, I see, hear and feel your stress. For all the tragedy and hardship of the pandemic, wellness, work-life harmony and acknowledgement of mental health has taken a forefront and I am grateful for that for all of us.
I humbly reach out to you as someone also working on my own wellness - gratitude, relaxation, fitness, joy and mindfulness. Below are some resources for you.
A quick note - I’m excited to start a certificate program this week through Cornell University’s online program in wellness, focusing on organizations and their people. More to come as I incorporate this further into my consulting work and partner with others offering quality wellness programming. Look for #WellnessWednesday posts on my LinkedIn page.
Ideas to Get You Started
- Digital detox - we hear this a lot, but do we do it? Look on your phone for the "digital well-being" option for a start.
- Practice mindfulness - best free mindfulness apps
- Sign up that movement class you have wanted to take (online or in-person) - yoga, interval training, water aerobics, etc. Or try Fitness Blender or Yoga with Adriene to workout free from home.
- Buy a community-supported agriculture (CSA) membership for this spring to get boxes of local produce weekly while supporting local farms. Find local ones here.
- Be in nature. Enjoy your local, state and national parks (or your own yard)
- Cuddle your fur baby! (health benefits of- if you have a fur baby, you do not need the science to confirm this)
- Make that doctor’s appointment that you have been putting off for a physical, mammogram, colonoscopy, etc. Show yourself some love!
- Try new healthy snacks
- Visit an elder - parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle, lady down the street. You will make their day and learn so much! This is a great thing to do with children. They can make Valentine’s Day cards and join for a masked, socially distanced visit.
- Practice gratitude
If you want to delve in deeper, here are 3 practitioners that are offering online (and in-person) classes that help with mindfulness and introspection.
Bri Alexander Wellness - Sound & Dance Healer
Melissa Curtin - HeartMath® Certified Trainer and life coach
Dee Satterfield - Blissful Body Yoga Instructor
Wishing you joy, comfort and gratitude!